A St Lucian national, who was nabbed at the airport here last week with a kilogramme of powdered cocaine concealed in his underwear and later passed out 14 taped packages of the illegal drug, now faces jail time.
Earlier today, 40-year-old Alfred Wayne Simeon appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Court where he pleaded guilty to four charges of unlawful possession of cocaine, unlawful possession of cocaine with intent to supply, trafficking cocaine and importation of cocaine. The drugs are said to be valued at over $50,000.
However, Simeon was unable to pay the $15,000 in forthwith fines imposed on him by Birch, and therefore faces an alternative two-year prison term.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App