Police have released the identity of the woman who was found dead in her Mount Brevitor, St Peter home this afternoon. She is 48-year-old Sophia McClean.
Around 12:40 p.m., police received a report from Emergency Medical Technicians who had responded to residents of the area where the body was discovered.
Barbados TODAY understands that lawmen are treating her death as unnatural.
Neighbours told Barbados TODAY they were under the impression that McClean, who had a mental history, was visiting her mother for the Christmas holidays.
“I thought that she had gone back up by her mother but we realize now that she was in there. Her son and some relatives came this morning to look for her, they called for her and she would not answer,” one neighbour said.
“They went through the window [and] found the body partially decomposed . . . in her bedroom,” the neighbour said.
She explained that McClean, who lived alone, kept to herself, especially when she was sick.
“My daughter usually goes and checks on her, but [recently] we didn’t get an answer. When she is sick she does not answer . . . when she good, she good but when she getting sick she keeps to herself and she keeps the house shut up,” the neighbour explained.
She also described McClean as “a very friendly person” who was loved by everyone, “so, everyone is shocked to know that she was in there [dead].”
“People started crying” [when they learnt of her death]. “She is not a bad person,” the neighbour added.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App