Police say a Moravian pastor based in the parish of Manchester, alleged to have had sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl on Wednesday night is to be charged with “having sex with a girl under 16 years old”.
Under Jamaican law, the age of consent for sexual relations is 16. Anyone below that age is a minor and therefore not eligible to consent to sexual intercourse.
Police say that at about 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, a motorized police patrol in the deep-rural community of Austin in Myersville, south east St Elizabeth, came upon a parked car in a secluded area.
Further inspection revealed the pastor and the 15-year-old in what the police describe as a “compromising position”.
Investigators say they are following further leads as a result of allegations that the pastor may have been involved in similar behaviour previously. (Jamaica Observer)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App