A 22-year-old Canadian visitor is due to appear in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court tomorrow after he was nabbed on arrival at the Grantley Adams International Airport here on Friday with four pounds of cannabis, valued at $32,000.
Police say a search by customs officers of Gurkirat Singh Sraa’s luggage revealed 16 transparent vacuum-sealed packages, each containing cannabis, concealed in a false bottom of his suitcase.
As he result, the visitor, who arrived from Canada, was arrested and charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of the illegal drugs.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App