Police say 28-year-old Jamar Ifill, who surrendered to them last week after he was the subject of a wanted bulletin, has been charged in connection with the discovery of 152 kilogrammes of cannabis, valued at $608,000.
This follows a police operation at the Bridgetown Fisheries Complex on December 29 last year in which seven packages of cannabis were found in an ice box aboard a fishing vessel.
Investigations were conducted which led to Ifill being brought into custody and subsequently charged.
The #17 Development 3, Gall Hill, St John resident is due to appear before the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court tomorrow on charges of possession, possession with intent to supply and trafficking in cannabis.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App