An 18-year-old St Michael resident is due to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court here on Tuesday on firearm and ammunition charges.
Jeffrey Aaron Holder of Grazette Industrial Park is accused of unlawful possession of a firearm and 16 rounds of ammunition.
He was arrested and charged on Sunday after police, acting on a tip off, went to Retreat Terrace, Black Rock, and St Michael around 2:30 p.m.
On seeing the officers, Holder allegedly attempted to run way, but was pursued and apprehended.
A search of his person revealed that he was in possession of a firearm and 16 rounds of ammunition.
In the meantime, a 19-year-old St Andrew resident has been remanded to Dodds prison after appearing before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court on Monday on four charges.
Arjay Ricardo Kellman of Franklyn Doughlin Road, Belleplaine is accused of unlawful possession of a firearm; unlawful possession of ammunition; unlawful possession of cannabis and unlawful possession of apparatus.
This after police executed a search warrant at his home where the firearm, ammunition, and drugs were discovered.
Kellman is due to appear in the District ‘F’ Magistrates’ Court on the February 1.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App