Romanian national Constantin Ursu and Romanian/Jamaican national Andre Harvey have been remanded to prison after being denied bail when they appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Ursu and Harvey were charged with a number of fraud-related offences, which police say were committed on January 25.
Ursu was charged with one count of money laundering, while Harvey was accused of one count of going equipped for criminal deception and two counts of money laundering.
Harvey is due to appear in the District ‘E’ Magistrates’ Court in Holetown on January 31, while Harvey and Ursu are expected to appear at the District ‘C’ Magistrates’ Court on February 2.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App