ROSEAU –– Police have fired tear gas in Roseau to disperse protesters.
Earlier opposition parties held a meeting to demand the resignation of Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit.
The meeting ended earlier on Tuesday, but some protesters lingered on.
The riot squad has moved in and tear gas fired.
Reporters on the scene said rocks and bottles are being thrown.
Dominica News Online understands the disturbances are on Kennedy Avenue and Independence Street.
Dominica News Online is following this development.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App