A 25-year-old St Michael man is spending the night in prison on firearm and ammunition charges.
Jamar Andre Hewitt of 7th Avenue, New Orleans was charged with four counts of unlawful possession of firearms and unlawful possession of 33 rounds of ammunition.
On Friday, February 10, police executed a warrant at Bushy Park, Rockley Resort in Christ Church where Hewitt was the occupant of an apartment. During the search, police said they discovered a bag containing four firearms and ammunition. Hewitt was arrested and subsequently charged.
He appeared before Magistrate Douglas Fredericks in the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court today and was remanded to prison to reappear on March 13.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App