An American visitor who was hospitalized following an incident at the beach at the Hilton Hotel yesterday has been flown home for further treatment.
At around 12:45 p.m. yesterday, 61-year-old Rick Chipman, who is a guest at the Hilton Hotel, was observed by the lifeguard floating face down in the water.
The lifeguard immediately pulled him from the water and proceeded to administer CPR. He was subsequently taken to the QEH where his condition was listed as serious.
Police said Chipman was airlifted from Barbados to Miami today.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App