The problem-plagued Combermere Secondary School had to be evacuated yet again this morning after students began falling ill.
When a Barbados TODAY news team arrived at the school, an ambulance was seen entering the premises. Several parents had already arrived at the institution to collect their charges.
Sources at the school said that there was a “bad smell”, while the President of the Barbados Secondary Teachers Union, Mary Redman, said she’s been informed there was a possible gas leak.
Redman said the union remains committed to working with the authorities towards a resolution of the matter. (CM)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App