A 48-year-old man is Barbados’ latest road fatality.
Anderson Dacosta Joseph was reportedly attempting to cross the road at Westmoreland, St James tonight in the company of his five-year-old son Nazaria Joseph when he was struck by a grey Nissan Sentra motor vehicle.
The accident occurred around 10 p.m., just a stone’s throw from the victim’s home.
The child was transported to hospital by ambulance for medical treatment.
The driver of the Nissan vehicle was a 19-year-old Nicholii Greene of Carlton, St James.
Up to 11 p.m., the victim’s body was still on the scene.
His death brings to 12 the number of road fatalities in Barbados so far this year — two more than the ten which occurred for all of last year.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App