A 22-year-old man of Bartlett Tenantry, Sargeant Village, Christ Church has been arrested and charged with unlawful possession of firearm and ammunition.
On Friday, March 3, police conducted an operation in the community where Rodney Junior Romario Rogers was seen. A subsequent search of his person revealed the firearm and nine rounds ammunition in his possession.
Rogers also faces additional charges of unlawful use of a firearm, violent disorder and two counts of wounding.
He appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates Court today and was remanded to prison to reappear in court on April 4.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App