Police say a 36-year-old postal worker remains in serious but stable condition after his motorcycle was involved in an accident with a route taxi at Green Hill, St Michael around 8:30 this morning.
The cyclist, Jomo Bascombe of Bank Hall, St Michael, reportedly suffered head, facial, and left thigh injuries, while his pillion rider – 24-year-old Cojoe Bascombe – complained of injuries to his back, hands, feet, and neck.
They were both transported to the state-run QEH by ambulance.
In the meantime, police say a total of 12 passengers aboard the route taxi, including the conductor, complained of minor injuries to the neck and back and opted to seek private medical attention.
A fence was also damaged during the accident.
Investigations are continuing.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App