Police have arrested and charged 29-year-old Shamar Sylvester Barnard of Licorish Village, My Lord’s Hill, St Michael.
He has been charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of cannabis, assault, and cultivation of cannabis.
Last Sunday, police responded to a report of gunshots being fired behind the old Glendairy Prison, Station Hill, St Michael.
On arrival in the area, officers encountered Bernard who was armed with a firearm. He was shot by the police and transported by ambulance to the state-run QEH for medical attention.
Barnard appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court and was remanded to prison to re-appear in court on April 5.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App