Police are investigating an accident involving two route taxis, which occurred around 12:40 this afternoon along University Hill, St Michael.
Preliminary investigations revealed that ZR131 was parked at the bus lay-by picking up passengers when ZR26 crashed into it.
Swayne Browne, 34, of Marshall Land, Bank Hall, St Michael was the driver of ZR31, while ZR26 was driven by 48-year-old Audwyn Leacock of Holders Hill, St James.
Following the accident, an altercation ensued between Browne and 29-year-old Tony Smith of Silver Hill, Christ Church, who was the conductor of ZR26.
As a result, Browne sustained injuries to his face while Smith sustained lacerations to the head and right hand. Both parties were warned of intended prosecution by the police and were allowed to seek medical attention.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App