The Barbados National Organization for the Disabled held their inaugural awareness walk this morning in commemoration of National Disabled Month.
The walk, held under the theme Walk a Mile in my Shoes, began around 7 a.m. at the clock tower at the Garrison Savannah.
As they made their way to Independence Square, supporters were challenged to either wear blindfolds or use crutches, canes or wheelchairs to “walk in the shoes” of disabled persons. (KW)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App