For the first time in 31 years the Concerned Citizens Movement (CCM) will have a leader who is not Vance Amory.
St Kitts-Nevis Foreign Affairs Minister and Deputy Premier and Minister of Tourism, Health, Gender, Social Affairs, Social Development, Youth, Sports, Community Development and Culture in the Nevis Island Administration has been elected the new Leader of the Nevis’ governing CCM.
While Brantley’s nomination came last week during an executive meeting, he was not elected until today (March 26) at the party’s caucus, which was held at the Mount Nevis Hotel in St James.
Brantley’s nomination was ratified at a caucus held by the party on Sunday afternoon and will be formalized at CCM’s convention when he will officially replace Premier Amory, who held the post of CCM’s Party Leader since 1986.
There were no objections to the nomination or the ratification of the entire new executive, including Brantley as the new leader.
Other newly elected members of the executive are:-
Alexis Jeffers – Deputy Leader
Hazel Brandy-Williams – Party Chairperson
Keith Scarborough – Deputy Chairperson
Lorna Hunkins – Secretary
Oscar Walters – Treasurer
Timothy Caines – Public Relations Officer
No date has been set for CCM’s convention. (Times Caribbean)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App