Classes had to be abandoned at the Wesley Hall Junior School, Kings Village Street, The City this morning, following a reported burglary.
Principal Herbert Gittens told Barbados TODAY that sometime between yesterday evening and early this morning, the two main buildings at the school were compromised.
The discovery was made by staff who arrived this morning to find several louvres and drawers prized open.
A total of 17 classrooms were affected by the break in, which forced the early closure of the school, which has a roll of 535 students.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App