Police have released the name of the man suspected of drowning at Six Men’s beach, St Peter around 5:30 p.m.
He is Olric Glenroy Babb, 43, of Rock Hall, St Lucy.
According to police, Babb went to the beach with a group of friends.
Whilst in the water, his friends observed him floating face down.
They brought him to the shore unresponsive and he was subsequently pronounced dead.
Investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App