An employee of the Ministry and Transport Works has been charged with the theft of over $5000.
Michael Alexander, 62, of Dalkeith Village, St Michael, who works in the Accidents Claims Unit of the ministry is accused of receiving payment with the promise of being able to provide a number of taxi permits.
He appeared before Magistrate Cuffy Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Court last Friday and was granted $5000 bail.
He will reappear in court on June 19th, 2017.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App