Barbados has copped its first medal at the 46th CARIFTA Games being held at the Ergilio Hato Stadium in Willemstad, Curaçao. Kalvin Marcus got silver this morning in the javelin when he threw 60.40m.
Dominica’s Keyon Burton took the gold with a throw of 62.14m.
Marcus, a product of Christ Church Foundation School, did not compete at this year’s Barbados Secondary Schools Athletics Championship but is an outstanding thrower and still under 20, the division in which he competed today.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App