A 20-year-old man has been arrested and charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis and trafficking of cannabis.
On April 13, Reshawn Shamar Best of Pilgrim Lane, Christ Church, visited the Seawell Air Services Bond to clear a shipment consigned to him.
On inspection of the shipment by customs officers, five transparent packages containing cannabis were discovered concealed among baby items. The matter was reported to the police and Best was subsequently arrested and charged.
He appeared before Magistrate Douglas Fredericks in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today and was granted bail in the sum of $5000 with one surety. He has been booked to reappear in the District ‘B’ Court on April 20.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App