Police have released the identity of the man who was burnt to death in a house fire at Clarkes Road, Free Hill, Black Rock, St Michael, yesterday. He is 56-year-old Cedric Beaumonte McCarthy.
McCarthy was the owner and sole occupant of a house that was destroyed in the blaze.
At around 9:28 a.m., police received a report of a fire in the community. Fire officials, who were on the scene when the police arrived, reported that charred human remains had been discovered.
Two wooden and wall houses were destroyed by the fire which also caused minor damages to two other houses.
Three fire tenders along with 12 fire officers, under the command of Divisional Officer Errol Gaskin, responded to the scene.
As investigations continue into the circumstances surrounding a fire, police are appealing to anyone who can provide any information that could assist to contact the nearest police station.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App