Two people are nursing injuries following an accident involving a car and a pedestrian in front of the Sol Banyan Service Station on Bay Street, St Michael early this morning
The car was driven by 31-year-old Jermaine Williams of Durant’s Village, Holders Hill, St James whilst the pedestrian was 19-year-old Christopher Tossaunt of Chelsea, St Michael.
According to police, Tossaunt was sitting on a wall outside the service station, when Williams who was driving along Bay Street, struck the embankment, lost control and collided with Tossaunt.
Tossaunt was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance where he was treated and discharged with a broken collarbone.
Williams received scratches to his face but refused medical attention.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App