Economist and Opposition Barbados Labour Party (BLP) candidate for Christ Church East Central Ryan Straughn is of the view that Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has run out of both patience and confidence in Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler.
Straughn said Stuart’s decision to assemble a Foreign Exchange Working Group (FX Committee) and a Fiscal Deficit Committee, both from the Social Partnership, was essentially “outsourcing two key components of Sinckler’s portfolio to the private sector”.
The economist spoke with Barbados TODAY on the sidelines of today’s BLP National Heroes Day Picnic at the Ermie Bourne Highway, St Andrew.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App