A 50-year-old police officer has been formally charged with two counts of fraud.
Station Sergeant Cecil Taylor of 7th Avenue, West Terrace, St James appeared before Magistrate Christopher Birch in the St Matthias Magistrates’ Court today where he was not required to plea to the indictable offences, which allegedly occurred on January 30th this year.
Taylor, who is attached to the Criminal Investigations Department, was granted bail in the sum of $5,000 with one surety.
He was also ordered to surrender his travel documents and must report to the Holetown Police Station every Tuesday and Thursday before 9:30 am.
Taylor appears in the Oistins Court on May 9.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App