A St George teenager has been remanded to prison after appearing in court today on firearms charges.
Seventeen-year-old Kadeem Obrien Clarke, of Johnson Road, Workman, St George, appeared before Magistrate Kirstie Cuffy-Sargeant in the District A Magistrate Court today, accused of unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition.
The offences were committed sometime after 3:00 a.m. on Sunday at Pirates Cove, Bay Street, St Michael.
Clarke, who was attending a party at Pirates Cove, was stopped and searched by the security guards on duty, who discovered the firearm and ammunition. The matter was reported to the police and Clarke was subsequently arrested and charged.
He is due to reappear in court on June 8.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App