An elderly pedestrian is said to be in critical condition in hospital after he was hit by a route taxi while attempting to cross Enterprise Main Road in Christ Church around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say 73-year-old Martin Crichlow had just disembarked another route taxi when he was struck by the vehicle, driven by 60-year-old Ertha Kennedy of Upper Carters Gap, Christ Church, which was travelling in the opposite direction.
As a result, Crichlow sustained head injuries and was transported to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance where his condition is listed as critical.
Investigations are continuing.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App