The Ministry of Health is investigating a suspected occurrence of foodborne illness at the St Philip District Hospital.
The incident affected 30 patients between May 15 and 16 and resulted in the admission of one patient, who experienced severe symptoms, to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
According to a senior Ministry official, all of the patients were seen by medical practitioners and samples sent to the Public Health Laboratory for testing.
The official added that a Rapid Response Team from the Ministry of Health was investigating the cause of the illness.
The Ministry of Health assured the public that all necessary steps were being taken to adequately address the situation. (BGIS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App