Fire, of unknown origin, destroyed a one bedroom house and damaged two others at 1st Ave, Beckles Hill, Beckles Road, St Michael, in the wee hours of this morning.
Around 1:40 a.m. a neighbour heard what appeared to be the sound of breaking glass and, on looking outside, observed the residence of 45-year-old Fabian Agard on fire. Agard was not at home at the time.
Two fire tenders and eight fire officers, under the command of Acting Deputy Chief Fire Officer Errol Gaskin and Station Officer Clarence Hinds, responded to the blaze.
The damaged houses are owned by 79-year-old Adrian Garnes and 64-year-old Neville Gittens.
As the police continue their investigations, they are asking anyone who can provide information to assist them to contact the nearest police station.
Recent Local News
- St Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway tours off to smooth start
- Barbados records first road fatality for 2019
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon's Beach
- Police investigating sudden death of woman constable
- Minor injuries reported after serious accident
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon’s Beach
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App