Three students charged in connection with last Wednesday’s beating of a Lester Vaughan Secondary schoolgirl appeared before Magistrate Ian Weekes in the District “D” Magistrates Court around noon today.
Two of them pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
One of them, a 16-year-old girl, was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison at Dodds. The 14-year-old boy who admitted to the offence was remanded to the Government Industrial School.
They will return to court on Monday for sentencing.
The third accused, a 15-year-old girl, was granted bail after pleading not guilty to the charge.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App