Police are conducting investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death of 10-year-old Nikan Legall of Maxwell Hill, Christ Church.
Around 5:55 p.m. on Thursday, Legall was at Maxwell Beach in the company of his grandfather, twin brother, and 11-year-old cousin. While in the water, Nikan experienced some difficulties and disappeared underwater. He was subsequently pulled to the shore and rushed to the QEH by ambulance, where he was later pronounced dead.
Investigations are continuing into the matter.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App