A fourth child has been charged in connection with the May 17 beating of a Lester Vaughan schoolgirl.
The 13-year-old girl appeared before Magistrate Ian Weekes at the District ‘D’ Magistrates’ Court today.
She pleaded not guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was granted $500 bail.
Her three co-accused made their second court appearance today.
The 15-year-old girl who had pleaded not guilty last Thursday, changed her plea and was remanded to the Government Industrial School (GIS).
The 14-year-old boy who was remanded to the GIS was granted $500 bail today; while 16-year-old Kaviah Smith, who spent the weekend at Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds, was granted $1,500 bail.
All four will reappear in court on Thursday.
Recent Local News
- St Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway tours off to smooth start
- Barbados records first road fatality for 2019
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon's Beach
- Police investigating sudden death of woman constable
- Minor injuries reported after serious accident
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon’s Beach
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App