From July 1, Barbadians will be paying more for gas and diesel.
Finance Minister Chris Sinckler announced during today’s budget that the excise tax on gasoline will be increased by 25 cents per litre from $0.74 to $0.99 and on diesel by $0.24 from $0.20 to $0.44.
As a result gas will now be sold at $3.05 per litre and diesel $2.25.
At present gasoline retails at 3.00 and diesel at $2.15.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App