A St James man was remanded to prison when he appeared in court on drug-related charges yesterday. He is 33-year-old Gregory Leon Holder, of # 66 Husband Terrace, St James.
On Friday, May 26, police went to Paynes Bay Beach, St James, where Holder and other persons were observed dragging a number of polyethene bags along the beach. They were approached by police and ran away. They were pursued and Holder apprehended. The bags were subsequently searched and 620.4 lbs of cannabis with an estimated street value $1, 120,000 was discovered.
Holder was arrested and formally charged with possession of cannabis, trafficking of cannabis and possession with intent to supply cannabis.
He appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court and was remanded to prison.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App