Police are conducting investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death of a 66-year-old female, whose partially decomposed body was discovered at her residence at the Pine, St Michael, sometime around 12 noon on Saturday.
The 47-year-old son of the deceased, being unable to reach his mother by telephone, visited the residence where he found her lying on the bed. The matter was reported to the police and investigations are continuing.
The police will await the results of a postmortem to guide the investigations.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App