A 20-year-old St Michael man is nursing injuries following a stabbing incident this morning.
Reco Kirton of Spruce Street received three stab wounds to his right side while he was in The City around 7:45 a.m.
According to police, Kirton was walking along Fairchild Street with his girlfriend, when he was attacked and stabbed by a man.
The man fled the scene while Kirton made his way to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by foot for medical attention.
Police have appealed to anyone with information about the incident to contact the Criminal Investigation Department at Central Police Station at 430 7175 or 430 7167; police emergency 211; Crime Stoppers at 1-800-8477 or the nearest police station.
Investigations are continuing.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App