Another five school girls, three 15 and two 14, appeared before Magistrate Ian Weekes at the District ‘D’ Magistrate Court this morning, jointly charged with the May 17 beating of a Lester Vaughan student.
Four of them pleaded not guilty to the charge and were granted $500 bail each.
They were ordered to return to court on August 10.
The fifth student, one of the 15-year-olds, pleaded guilty and was remanded to the Government Industrial School until June 12.
A total of nine students have so far been charged with the incident.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App