A 49-year-old man on a manslaughter charge was granted $10,000 bail with one surety when he appeared in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
He is Colin Marlon Franklyn of Sion Hill, Tenantry Road, St James. Police arrested and charged Franklyn with manslaughter in relation to the death of 59-year-old Anderson Watson of the same address.
The police say Franklyn and Watson were drinking together on May 25 when they became involved in a verbal dispute during which Franklyn pushed Watson who fell and hit his head. Watson was taken to the QEH for medical treatment but succumbed to his injuries.
Franklyn appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair. As part of his bail condition, he must report to the Holetown Police Station every Monday and Friday by 9 a.m. He is to reappear in court on September 29.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App