Members of the Drug Squad have arrested and charged a 28-year-old Christ Church woman in connection with four drug related offences.
Keisha Natasha Grandison, 28, of Brathwaite’s Gap, Dayrells Road, Christ Church was arrested and charged with possession of cannabis, trafficking of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis and importation of cannabis.
The police say Grandison made arrangements with another person in the U.S. to have items sent to her. These items included a water heater, which had cannabis concealed in it. On Wednesday, June 7 she presented the necessary documents and collected her cargo. As a result of information received, she was subsequently seen and stopped by police. A subsequent search of the water heater revealed nine wrapped packages, all containing cannabis.
The cannabis weighed 17.5 kg and with an estimated street value of $140,000.
Grandison appeared before Magistrate Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today was granted bail in the sum of $10,000 with two sureties to reappear in Court on June 12.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App