The Pine Hill Dairy-sponsored National Sports Council’s Primary Schools Netball Competition is into the quarterfinal stage, after action continued at the Netball Stadium Thursday with four games played to complete matches in zones three and four.
Friday’s quarterfinal matches will see Grantley Prescod Primary take on Lawrence T Gay Primary, Vauxhall Primary play St Giles Primary, A Dacosta Edwards Primary tackle Reynold Weekes Primary and Cuthbert Moore Primary battle against West Terrace Primary.
Thursday West Terrace Primary hammered St. Bartholomew’s Primary 8-2. Goal shooter Sierra Rayside scored one of her three attempts while goal attack Skye Spencer-Layne netted seven of her thirteen attempts. St. Bartholomew’s goal shooter Treanna Cummins scored the only two goals for her school.
The game between Grantley Prescod Primary and St. Giles Primary was very competitive with both schools displaying laudable netball talent. Grantley Prescod edged St Giles Primary 9-5. Grantley Prescod’s goal shooter Kimberly Phillips scored five goals from her seven attempts and goal attack Azariah Ashton netted four of six attempts. Shakya Harding of St Giles scored two goals from her three attempts while goal attack Ciara Evelyn contributed three goals from her five attempts.
A. Dacosta Edwards Primary and Lawrence. T. Gay both struggled in the game resulting in a 2-2 draw. A. Dacosta Edwards’ goal shooter Kiara Taylor scored her only attempt as did goal attack Ranisha Clarke.
Lawrence T Gay’s goal attack Tianna Morris netted both of her attempts.
Reynold Weekes Primary were victorious in their match-up against St. Stephen’s Primary, finishing the game 7-1. Reynold Weekes goal shooter Makeda Greaves scored one of her two attempts and goal attack Azariah Browne finished six of her eight attempts while St. Stephen’s goal shooter Chanelle Walcott scored their lone goal.
In the final game, St Jude’s Primary defeated St Ambrose Primary 2-1. Goal shooter Tanisha Smith scored her solitary attempt as did goal attack Adrianna Browne. St Ambrose goal shooter Tianna Cave scored their lone goal.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App