Law enforcement authorities are investigating a shooting incident which occurred at Rices, St Philip, sometime around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
During this incident 41-year-old Mark Anthony Dear of Rices, St Philip, was shot in his right side. He was transported by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was treated and discharged.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Dear was at home when he confronted two armed masked men who entered his residence. During the process he was shot in his right side before the two men fled the scene.
Anyone who can provide any information to assist the police in their investigations is being asked to contact the nearest police station.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App