Three St James men were arrested as lawmen netted more than 1,000 marijuana plants today.
They are 63-year-old Theodore Fitzherbert Hinds, 19-year-old John Andrew Hinds, and Joseph Adrian Hinds, 17.
Members of the Drug Squad, the Tactical Response Unit, and members of the Barbados Defence Force seized a total of 1,076 cannabis plants ranging in height from five feet to seven feet, across three parishes.
Of those, 558 plants were found in Edge Cliff, St John; 45 plants were taken from Rock Dundo, St James; and 68 plants were seized in Friendship Terrace, St Michael.
Joseph Hinds and John Hinds were both charged with unlawful possession of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply and trafficking cannabis.
Theodore Hinds was charged with unlawful possession of cannabis.
The three accused all pleaded guilty when they appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates Court today.
They were each granted bail in the sum of $1,000 with one surety. They will reappear in court on September 23.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App