Law enforcement authorities have made their second major drug bust in as many days.
Lawmen seized 50.5 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of $2, 525,000.00, and 160 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $640,000 last night during a joint operation off Maxwell coast, involving the Barbados Coast Guard, the Police Marine Unit, the Drug Squad and the Regional Security System, when they intercepted a vessel with two Barbadians on board.
The men, aged 64 and 42, have been taken into custody.
On Tuesday, lawmen seized 279 pounds of marijuana from a fishing vessel off the shores of Barbados. A 29-year-old man is in custody assisting police with their investigations.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App