A St Peter man has been remanded to prison after appearing in court on several drugs charges today.
Twenty-nine-year-old Jamar Jamal Williams of Cemetery Lane, Road View, St Peter, was taken into custody on Tuesday after his fishing boat was intercepted off the island’s shores with 279 pounds of cannabis.
He was charged with possession and trafficking of the drug, possession with intent to supply, and importation of cannabis.
He appeared before Magistrate Elwood Watts in the Oistins Magistrates Court and was remanded to prison. He is due back in court on July 4.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App