Police have recorded their third major drug bust at sea in less than a week.
On Sunday members of the Drug Squad, Police Marine Unit, and the Barbados Coast Guard intercepted a vessel off the shores of the island and seized 171 pounds of cannabis and a yacht.
Two Bermudian men are assisting police with their investigations.
Last Thursday lawmen seized 50.5 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of $2.5 million, and 160 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $640,000.
This operation followed the seizure earlier in the week of 279 pounds of marijuana from a fishing vessel off the shores of Barbados. A 29-year-old man has been remanded to prison in connection with Tuesday’s drug bust and is due to reappear in court on Tuesday.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App