A St John man narrowly escaped death this afternoon after falling into a 43-foot well at Long Bay, St Philip.
According to police, 25-year-old Zico Haynes of #2 Gall Hill, St John was working on a septic tank with two other men, when he accidentally fell into the well after 1 p.m.
Personnel from the Barbados Fire Service rescued Haynes from the well more than three hours later, around 4:13 p.m.
He suffered injuries to his left leg and right heel and was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for treatment.
Two tenders and eight fire officers responded to the incident.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App