Three men are due to appear in court on Monday in connection with last Thursday’s multi-million dollar drug seizure at sea.
Michael Emmanuel Yarde, 42, of Drax Hall Jump, St George, David Ian Brathwaite, 64, of 3rd Avenue, Parris Gap, St Michael, and Guyanese national Abdool Sameer Manan, 37, have been arrested and charged with a number of drug offences following the haul.
Lawmen seized 50.5 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of $2.5 million, and 160 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $640,000 during a joint operation of the Barbados coast Guard, the Police Marine Unit, the Drug Squad and the Regional Security System, when they intercepted a vessel with two Barbadians on board on Thursday.
Yarde and Brathwaite have been charged with unlawful possession of cannabis; unlawful possession of cocaine; possession of cocaine with intent to supply; possession of cannabis with intent to supply, trafficking of cocaine, trafficking of cannabis; importation of cocaine; importation of cannabis; conspiracy to traffic cocaine; and conspiracy to traffic cannabis.
Manan, the third man to be arrested in connection with the bust, has been charged with conspiracy to traffic cocaine; conspiracy to traffic cannabis; trafficking cocaine, and trafficking cannabis.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App