A St Lucy family has been left homeless after fire destroyed their two-bedroom wooden and wall house this evening.
Thirty-one-year-old Shenika Hinds and her two children ages six years and ten months of Cave Hill Drive, St Lucy was not at home when the blaze occurred around 3:45 p.m.
The fire also damaged an unoccupied two-bedroom wooden house.
Two fire tenders, and nine fire officers under the command of Divisional Officer Henderson Patrick responded to the incident.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App